1. Information Collected by GaN Systems.
1.1 Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. If you are a visitor to the Site, we may collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service or technical services. If you sign up to become a subscriber of our email newsletter, or submit a Contact Us form, you will be asked to provide certain information as part of the process. This information may include your full name, email, phone number, company affiliation, statement of interest/questions, and full address including city, state and country.
1.1.a. Sensitive Personal Data: Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit content to the Services, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such content to us.
1.2 Information That We Automatically Collect Through the Site. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Site. For example, we may use session cookies to help us recognize you when you visit the Site. A cookie is a small text file that our web server places on your computer hard drive that includes a unique identifier. You can set your web browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different browsers. If you set your browser to limit or remove cookies, some features of Site may be unavailable or unable to function properly.
We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on the Site to track the actions of users on our site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Web beacons measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using web beacons is not linked to our users personal data.
GaN Systems does not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that third party websites may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit. In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, GaN Systems will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
1.4 Social Media Services. We may provide social media features through the Site that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with GaN Systems on social media sites. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on any GaN Systems social media pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Site. In addition, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we gather through the Site to help us better understand how the Site is being used and to improve your experience with the Site, both in terms of content and ease of use. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you and to respond to your communications and requests. If you provide your email address to us, we may email you about products, services, news or events that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further communications from us.
3. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We will not rent, sell, share or otherwise disclose your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
3.1 Employees, Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Site, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
3.2 Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Site by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
3.4 Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
4. Children. The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
6. Special Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any users of the Site who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties, including our corporate affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information that we shared, and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which we shared your information. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 1145 Innovation Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada K2K 3G8 or by email at email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
7. Security. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, GaN Systems cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site and you do so at your own risk.
Updated March 24, 2018
Select Your IndustryConsumer ElectronicsDatacentersRenewable EnergyIndustrialAutomotiveOther