GaN Systems partners with companies who develop GaN-based power modules. Additionally, GaN Systems has established a partnership with USI, a world class power module manufacturer, to deliver GaN Systems’ branded power modules for the industrial, automotive and appliance markets.
Power modules are used in industrial motor drives for driving motors, fans, pumps, and compressors, uninterruptible power supplies, AC-DC power supplies, inverters for renewable energies in solar power panels and in electric vehicle (EV) onboard chargers and traction inverters.
Examples of topologies implemented in modules are:
- Half bridge – inverter leg, two transistors
- H-Bridge – four transistors
- Boost or power factor correction – one (or two) transistors with one (or two) high frequency rectifying diodes or transistors
- ANPFC – power factor correction leg with two transistors and four high frequency rectifying diodes
- Three level NPC (I-Type) – multilevel inverter leg with four transistors
- Three level MNPC (T-Type) – multilevel inverter leg with four transistors
- Three level ANPC – multilevel inverter leg with six transistors
- Power Interface Module (PIM) – input rectifier, power factor correction and inverter stages
- Intelligent Power Module (IPM) – transistors and gate drive with options for integrated with the input rectifier and power factor correction stages